Re: What is the different between "ROM" and "ROMRAM" in the Bootup type ??

On Sun, Jul 03, 2005 at 09:41:27AM +0800, Steven_cheng wrote:
> Dear Andrew,
>
>     Thank you for you reply, but I still confuse about the following
> questions.
>
> 1) When the board  powers on, does the CPU need to know which type and
> vendor of ROM flash?? (ex. AMD 29LV040B)

No. It should be able to read from any type/vendor. You only need to
know more when you come to erase/write. But its not the CPU that does
what, its you application program.

> 2) How does the CPU know the memory address which the ROM locates ??

It is hardwired. Read the data sheet for your processor and look at
the schematics to see what chip select it is using.

        Andrew