ecos on ixdp425 to simulate a GSM network

Hello,

I'm new to eCos and ixdp425.

As a part of my college project, I am supposed to simulate a GSM
mobile network and add extra feature of Wi-Fi also. For that, I have
decided to use IXDP425 board and port eCos on it.

As till now, I have been successful in making test programs run on the
IXDP425 board compiled using a gcc compiler. Does that mean that I
have ported eCos on the hardware? I know its a very silly question but
since this is the first time I am working with hardware, I dont know
much.

Also, I am supposed to connect 2 GSM modems through the serial ports
and a Wi-Fi lan card that will fit in the PCI slot. The Wi-Fi lan card
should be such that its drivers for linux should be open-source and
freely available on the net. Can anyone suggest me a Wi-Fi lan card
which fulfils my requirements?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
ROHIT