Re: Redboot JFFS2 Support

Andrew Lunn wrote:

Seriously, thanks for your info. I will get the latest installed. However, I have another question for now. Cirrus has a patch that needs
to be applied to the ecos tree. This patch is for the ecos v2.0, I know
that someone (most likely me) will need to go through and make sure that
the patch does not break the system. But can I post the final patch on
the list so that you can have a look at it?

Sure.

Could you give me a reference to the original patch straight from
Cirrus. Is it on there website?

       Thanks
               Andrew

The original EDB9301 patch that Cirrus released was just enough to get RedBoot running, but not enough for a full-blown eCos, multithreaded app. Cirrus later released (in the fall of 2004, I believe) a more complete implementation, though still somewhat lacking. Both had modifications to JFFS2. Be sure to get the latest patch from Cirrus.

I added some code and device drivers to their implementation. If you guys can get the Cirrus code into the eCos CVS, I'll gladly submit my additions.

I just looked at their site, and believe that they've now hidden the patches behind a registration/login for their eval boards. I was working with a 3rd party board and don't have access. What to do?

Frank Pagliughi