Re: any tools? (for finding the memory leaks)

On Mon, Aug 01, 2005 at 11:10:53AM +0530, prashanthu baragur wrote:
> Hi,
>
>         In eCos, any memory leak finding tools available, just like
> ElectricFence?

> I want to use some memory debugging tools to see or evaluate any
> memory related issues, of my application implementation.

ElectricFence makes extensive use of the MMU to detect access out of
memory bounds etc. eCos is designed to run without the MMU. So this
approach is not possible.

If you are just looking for memory leaks you can put a wrapper around
malloc/free to print out the addresses. Or you could extend the malloc
implementation to store the __builtin_return_address() for each
allocation and then dump out the allocations sometime later.

        Andrew