From: ecos-discuss-owner@ecos.sourceware.org
[mailto:ecos-discuss-owner@ecos.sourceware.org] On Behalf Of Gary Thomas
Sent: Wednesday, September 14, 2005 2:37 AM
To: Andrew Voelkel
Cc: eCos Discussion
Subject: Re: [ECOS] Should there be conflicts in a template of an
EcosProrelease?

On Tue, 2005-09-13 at 22:07 -0700, Andrew Voelkel wrote:
> This is a newbie question. I am trying to figure out why there are
disabled
> (grayed out) text boxes in the ConfigTool when I open the Redboot template
> of an EcosPro release. I'm guessing it has something to do with resolving
> conflicts, and indeed when I open the template it complains about
unresolved
> conflicts. So I am about to teach myself how to diagnose such things.
>
> But it occurs to me that maybe there shouldn't be conflicts in a template
> for a commercial product such as EcosPro, delivered for a specific eval
> board. Is this an expected state of affairs?
>
> My immediate goal is to enter a default IP address for Redboot, but I
can't
> get there from here.

What you are observing is not conflicts, but most likely
packages/options with unsatisfied prerequisites.  When you
create a configuration with the RedBoot template, that only
gets you the minimum set of packages.  In particular, not
all RedBoot target environments will have FLASH or networking
devices, so those [major] packages are not part of the minimal
template.

In order to set the default IP address in the configuration,
first you need to have network support.  Try adding the
'ethernet device driver' and those other options will now
become available to you.