Re: ecos and gettimeofday()

Hi,

On Friday 30 September 2005 07:36, Peter Korsgaard wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  Alexander> If this is not the right approach, what do you suggest
>  Alexander> instead ?
>
> Johanthan's reply to my patch was pretty clear about that. Basically
> you need to add a include line to the isoinfra package which can be
> set in CDL, and add the include file to the posix package.
>
> I unfortunately haven't had time to do this - if anyone wants to step
> up to the task, please do!
>
> Another item related to this is using HAL_CLOCK_READ in gettimeofday
> so we can get sub-timer tick accuracy.

So it seems gettimeofday() might actually belong into the POSIX compat.
package. This gives the problem that just to get gettimeofday() the whole
POSIX compat package has to included, including pthreads, main() and a bunch
of other things. This seems like a lot of overhead just for gettimeofday().

Do you have a better idea ?

Bye
Alex
--