lwIP TCP/IP stack assertion problem - part 2

Hello again,

sorry, but I did a mistake by interpreting the code in pbuf_free()
in my last posting.

LWIP_ASSERT("p != NULL", p != NULL);
  /* if assertions are disabled, proceed with debug output */
  if (p == NULL) {
    LWIP_DEBUGF(PBUF_DEBUG | DBG_TRACE | 2,
               ("pbuf_free(p == NULL) was called.\n"));
    return 0;
  }

This assertion hits if p is NULL. If assertions are disabled then this
function does nothing and simply returns 0. But this still does not
answer the question why this assertion hits on two different platforms.
Is this a problem of the eCos port of the lwIP stack? Can I ignore this
assertion or should it even be removed from the stack?

Thanks again, Uwe