Re: cvs: has packages/net/ disappeared ?

On Fri, Oct 14, 2005 at 10:00:14AM +0100, David Vrabel wrote:
> Andrew Lunn wrote:
> > net and snmp are in a seperate repository, ecos-opt.
>
> Is there a reason for this wacky layout of the eCos repository? It
> prevents checking out ecos into a directory other than ecos/ and when
> you ecos update it promptly pulls in all the bits you omitted (mostly
> ~100 Mbyte of images...) when you checked out.

net was kept seperate because it is big. At the time it was considered
optional since not so many systems used networking. Since then times
have changed. Networking is now much more common and developers have
faster network links to the repository.

It has been talked about rearranging the repository when eCos 3.0
finally happens. I think at that point net will be merged into the
main repository and probably the images will be moved out.

        Andrew