networking on eCos

Hello there,
again that 2 italian students  with some problems about eCos...

We have 2 applications that use sockets, 1 transmitter that runs on eCos
transmitting data on port 2000 and 1 receiver(non-eCos application) that reads
data on the same port(all that on localhost momentarily).

1) Using the function gethostbyname() we have our error-message:

"Unable to find host 127.0.0.1" but we resolve this introducing
"init_all_network_interfaces()" and setting CYGDAT_NS_DNS_DEFAULT_SERVER via
configtool with our dns-ip, but this function is so slow and we try to use
"cyg_dns_res_init(struct in_addr *dns_server)".
Can you help we about what we have to pass to this function? Which are the
field-types of this structure?
hp=(struct hostent *)gethostbyname(cyg_hal_sys_argv[1]);

2) Another problem: the transmitter sends data without errors but the receiver
receives nothing and blocks on recv():
while (1) {
  n = recv(sock, buf, RTPSIZE, 0);
}
We preput that without eCos the applications communicate correctly.
What may be the cause?

3) For last(please!)

The full set of arguments can be accessed through the variables cyg_hal_sys_argc
and cyg_hal_sys_argv, but which function we have to pass them? Which header we
have to include? And how we have to pass our arguments to the application?

Thanks a lot and excuse to us for our bad english.

  Mirko, Gerardo.