Re: ecos test infrastructure

On Mon, 31 Oct 2005, Andrew Lunn wrote:
Furthermore, Chapter 22 of the user-guide describes how to build/run a test
suite from configtool.   When I try that approach, building goes fine,
but when I try to run a test program, I get the same "failed to get
pty error" as described here
<http://sources.redhat.com/ml/ecos-discuss/2004-11/msg00206.html>
However I have the LEGACY_PTYS option enabled in my kernel.  Any
suggestions?

That was just a guess. I had seen a similar problem with another application with 2.6. You need to debug the problem further. Try running strace and see what configtool is trying to actually use when it fails.

It appeared to be a problem with unsufficient rights to access the /dev/pty* files.

thx for your help!

klaas