Re: Naive newbie questions!

In message <1135331744.11414.153.camel@hermes>, Gary Thomas writes:
>There's no version number or even string - we rely on CVS versioning and
>the dates on the files.

Oh!  Okay, that at least explains why I can't see one.  So what's the stuff
on the web site about "1.3.1" and "2.0" refer to?

>What driver did you use for the serial port?

Whatever the default was.

>How did you configure the system?

ecosconfig new moab405gpr kernel

(or whatever the name is for the TAMS.)

Output's great; I get a reverse-video "West of House" and the intro text is
fine, it's just input being weird.  Obviously, the next step is a great deal
of playing around with test programs to see what's going on.  My guess is that
some apparently rational ioctl is putting the system in an unexpected state,
and skimming the code, I'm very distrustful of the VMIN handling.

-s