Re: Newlib usage in eCos (tool-chain question)

In gmane.os.ecos.general, you wrote:

>> [...] So my conclusion so far is that newlib is in fact not
>> used while linking any eCos app, since eCos itself provides
>> all the needed libc/m code.
>>
>> Am I right?
>
> Yes, 'newlib' is *not* used by eCos.  It's required simply as part
> of the toolchain build process.

I've always wondered why newlib is required as part of the
toolchain build process, but never found an explanation.  Why
is it not possible to build gcc w/o a library?

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  Is the EIGHTIES
                                  at               when they had ART DECO