socket problem

Hi All,

I wanted to write a sample application using sockets.
I have built eCos image with redboot enabled.
I was able to boot the target PC using redboot, do ping to the target and
telent also.

I wanted to test a socket application. For this have used the following
procedure:

1. Created a new project. In "build" templates, "hardware" i have selected
i386 PC target and "packages" i have selected "net".
2.In the basic networking options initializing options for eth0 i have set
the static ip address for the target.
3.I have build the library.
4.In $(CUR_WORKING)/ecos-2.0/packages/net/common/ver_2.0/common/tests i
compiled nc6_test_slave program
5.I tried to run it using configtool. In the "tools" menu i have selected
"run tests". I have added the exe using add option tried to run it the
target system which was booted using reboot.
After series of lines It displays

Final load[16] = 203142 => 19%
Start test for eth0
Family: 2, Socket: 2, Addr: 0.0.0.0

It stops here..

But according to the doc in the net/ver_2.0/common/doc/ it should be

Start test for eth0
Family: 2, Socket: 2, Addr: 0.0.0.0
Family: 28, Socket: 2, Addr: ::

Then it says to run the master apllication on host (Linux in my case).
I have compiled on Linux.

Do I need to enable any option in the configuration . I don't know where exactly i am doing a mistake.

Is there any document which says how to write and test a sample application
using sockets.
Can anybody help me out with this.

Regards,
Madhava S

This e-mail contains PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION intended solely for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by e-mail and delete the original message.Global Edge Software Ltd has taken every reasonable precaution to minimize this risk, but is not liable for any damage you may sustain as a result of any virus in this e-mail. You should carry out your own virus checks before opening the e-mail or attachment. Global Edge Software Ltd reserves the right to monitor and review the content of all messages sent to or from this e-mail address