Re: Porting ecos to a custom board.

Hi Andrew,

eCos has two serial device drivers for each board. The one in the hal directory is a very simple polled IO, real time unfrendly, version which is used for debugging. All diag_printf() output uses this driver and also communcation to gdb.
Speaking of which, is there any problem in using diag_printf() in DSR's?

We were working on a USB driver, and getting very flaky operation degrading to non operation of the driver, the cause couldn't be tracked down, until we removed ALL the diag_printf(...), then the driver seems to work reliably.

So I guess I'm asking should I feel comfortable the cause was using diag_printf(..) in the DSR's, or should I be looking for problems in our USB driver.

Thanks
Steve