Re: New FLASH: Intel P30

On Wed, 2006-02-01 at 23:08 +0100, Hans Berglund wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am going to replace an Intel StrataFlash J3 with
> an Intel StrataFlash P30 on my IOP321-based PCI board.
>
> Which changes do I have to do in eCos?
> Or is P30 already implemented?
> Or are these two types compatible?

The biggest difference between these two devices is that the P30
always powers up with all blocks locked (the locks on the J3
retained their setting over power cycles/reset).  This means
that you'll need to run 'fis unlock' commands(*) any time you
want RedBoot to write to the device.

(*) or the equivalent operation in an eCos program if you
are running FLASH-aware eCos applications.