Re: Debugging pc platform

	Andrew,

	Looking further into pcmb_smp.c, seems that there is a real mess with
the ordinal cpu count numbers and the cpu ids.

	According to Intel SMP specification, what is regarded in pcmb_smp.c as
cpu id, is really the apic id, that should be unique but not need to be
consecutive. As most commercial boards could have them consecutive, its
not likely to be aware of the problem, but looking into the code, for
example the cpu flags are read and stored according to the cpu id, but
then are checked according to the cpu ordinal number; and there are
several other things like that.

	I would like to know what do you think is the best way to change that;
we could have another table indexed by ordinal cpu number giving the cpu
ids, or we could just index everything by ordinal cpu number.

	Anyway, seems that all the code there should be revised... So tell me
if it is going to be some high priority thing in there, and I wait for
it, or if you think it's okay for me to do it and submit the changes...

David.