RE: Trouble using lwIP (driver crash...)

compare your file  eCos\packages\net\lwip_tcpip\current\ChangeLog with my
changeLog. I advise you to update the ecos sources (LWIP packages) if your
changelog is different to mine.  I use the lwip an it's ok.. Before
re-building library, I suggest you to delete the build tree yourself
(three reportories: mlt, build and include) and generate again build tree.
This can avoid some build errors.

2005-10-07  Uwe Kindler <uwe_kindler@web.de>

        * src/core/tcp_in.c: pbuf_free() assert triggered by
        NULLified inseg.p
        * include/lwip/tcp.h Do no longer try to free pbuf
        when TCP_EVENT_RECV() is called without a callback
        handler, and without packet.
        * tests/nc_test_slave.c Fixed test_printf and diag_printf
        format strings that caused errors or warnings.
        * tests/nc_test_slave.c Included <lwip/inet.h> - required
        for compilation
        * src/ecos/init.c Added structs ip_addr ipaddr, netmask and gw
        in lwip_init() if loop interface is used

2004-05-05  Jani Monoses <jani@iv.ro>

        * src/netif/ppp/ppp.c: Decrease sleep period in main thread
        from 250ms to 1ms. Was a leftover of debugging the code and
        slowing things down.

2004-05-04  Jani Monoses <jani@iv.ro>

        * cdl/lwip_net.cdl
        * src/api/err.c
        * src/api/tcpip.c
        * src/api/sockets.c
        * src/api/api_lib.c
        * src/api/api_msg.c
        * src/core/tcp_in.c
        * src/core/ipv4/ip.c
        * src/core/ipv4/ip_addr.c
        * src/core/ipv4/ip_frag.c
        * src/core/ipv4/icmp.c
        * src/core/tcp_out.c
        * src/core/mem.c
        * src/core/raw.c
        * src/core/tcp.c
        * src/core/sys.c
        * src/core/udp.c
        * src/core/stats.c
        * src/core/dhcp.c
        * src/core/netif.c
        * src/core/inet.c
        * src/core/memp.c
        * src/core/pbuf.c
        * src/ecos/sio.c
        * src/ecos/sys_arch.c
        * src/ecos/init.c
        * src/netif/ppp/vj.c
        * src/netif/ppp/vj.h
        * src/netif/ppp/randm.c
        * src/netif/ppp/randm.h
        * src/netif/ppp/vjbsdhdr.h
        * src/netif/ppp/fsm.c
        * src/netif/ppp/fsm.h
        * src/netif/ppp/lcp.c
        * src/netif/ppp/lcp.h
        * src/netif/ppp/md5.c
        * src/netif/ppp/md5.h
        * src/netif/ppp/pap.c
        * src/netif/ppp/pap.h
        * src/netif/ppp/ppp.c
        * src/netif/ppp/ppp.h
        * src/netif/ppp/magic.c
        * src/netif/ppp/magic.h
        * src/netif/ppp/pppdebug.h
        * src/netif/ppp/auth.c
        * src/netif/ppp/auth.h
        * src/netif/ppp/chap.c
        * src/netif/ppp/chap.h
        * src/netif/ppp/ipcp.c
        * src/netif/ppp/ipcp.h
        * src/netif/ppp/chpms.c
        * src/netif/ppp/chpms.h
        * src/netif/etharp.c
        * src/netif/slipif.c
        * src/netif/loopif.c
        * tests/tcpecho.c
        * tests/udpecho.c
        * tests/nc_test_framework.h
        * tests/nc_test_slave.c
        * tests/httpd.c
        * tests/sys_timeout.c
        * tests/socket.c
        * include/arch/cc.h
        * include/arch/sys_arch.h
        * include/arch/perf.h
        * include/lwip/ip.h
        * include/lwip/debug.h
        * include/lwip/ip_addr.h
        * include/lwip/api.h
        * include/lwip/def.h
        * include/lwip/err.h
        * include/lwip/mem.h
        * include/lwip/opt.h
        * include/lwip/ip_frag.h
        * include/lwip/raw.h
        * include/lwip/sio.h
        * include/lwip/tcp.h
        * include/lwip/sys.h
        * include/lwip/udp.h
        * include/lwip/tcpip.h
        * include/lwip/stats.h
        * include/lwip/arch.h
        * include/lwip/dhcp.h
        * include/lwip/netif.h
        * include/lwip/icmp.h
        * include/lwip/inet.h
        * include/lwip/memp.h
        * include/lwip/pbuf.h
        * include/lwip/snmp.h
        * include/lwip/sockets.h
        * include/lwip/api_msg.h
        * include/netif/etharp.h
        * include/netif/slipif.h
        * include/netif/loopif.h
        * include/network.h
        * include/lwipopts.h : Initial import of the lwIP TCP/IP stack.

//===========================================================================
//####ECOSGPLCOPYRIGHTBEGIN####
// -------------------------------------------
// This file is part of eCos, the Embedded Configurable Operating System.
// Copyright (C) 2004 eCosCentric
//
// eCos is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under
// the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free
// Software Foundation; either version 2 or (at your option) any later
version.
//
// eCos is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY
// WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or
// FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the GNU General Public License
// for more details.
//
// You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along
// with eCos; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc.,
// 59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307 USA.
//
// As a special exception, if other files instantiate templates or use
macros
// or inline functions from this file, or you compile this file and link
it
// with other works to produce a work based on this file, this file does
not
// by itself cause the resulting work to be covered by the GNU General
Public
// License. However the source code for this file must still be made
available
// in accordance with section (3) of the GNU General Public License.
//
// This exception does not invalidate any other reasons why a work based
on
// this file might be covered by the GNU General Public License.
//
// -------------------------------------------
//####ECOSGPLCOPYRIGHTEND####
//===========================================================================

Fall Birahim
Digital TV Firmware Engineer
Elsys Design for SCM Microsystems

"Michael Grimard" <michaelg@maxt.com>
Sent by: ecos-discuss-owner@ecos.sourceware.org
04/04/2006 19:10

<ecos-discuss@sourceware.org>
cc

Subject
RE: [ECOS] Trouble using lwIP (driver crash...)

I ran udpecho with the same problem. I boost the "Size of per thread stack
in lwIP" to 32Kb and still got the same problem.

I enabled CYGFUN_KERNEL_ALL_THREADS_STACK_CHECKING and now I got:

ASSERT FAIL: <5>if_i82559.c[2370]i82559_can_send() send: Excess send
recursions

Before using lwIP, I was using FreeBSD and every eCos tests passed. Now I
am
not able to build all the tests. In eCos Configuration Tool, Build Tests
stops with:

/home/michaelg/ecos/build/ecos_lwip_install/lib/extras.o: In function
'_GLOBAL__I.55000__home_michaelg_ecos_ecos_packages_compat_posix_current_src
_startup.cxx_75E51868_B69D580C':
make[1]: Leaving directory
'/home/michaelg/ecos/build/ecos_lwip_build/kernel/current'
/home/michaelg/ecos/ecos/packages/compat/posix/current/src/startup.cxx:(.bss
.statistics+0x0): multiple definition of 'statistics'
make: Leaving directory '/home/michaelg/ecos/build/ecos_lwip_build'
tests/stress_threads.o:/home/michaelg/ecos/ecos/packages/kernel/current/test
s/stress_threads.c:724: first defined here

/home/michaelg/ecos/gnutools/i386-elf/bin/../lib/gcc/i386-elf/3.4.5/../../..
/../i386-elf/bin/ld: Warning: size of symbol 'statistics' changes from 92
in
tests/stress_threads.o to 32 in
/home/michaelg/ecos/build/ecos_lwip_install/lib/extras.o
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]:
***[/home/michaelg/ecos/build/ecos_lwip_install/tests/kernel/current/tests/s
tress_threads] Error 1
make: *** [tests] Error 2

I ran thread0, thread1 and kthread1 without problems.

Do you think of some particular tests that I should run?

Thanks,
Michael