cannot find any platforms in the configtools

Hi,

I installed a new version of configtool(Redhat ecos configuration tools v2.11) on windows recently, but found that there is no platform (Tools->Platforms)
existing in my system. And I tried to add one, copied from my previous version under Linux. But whatever I put in the dialog, I cannot push the OK button and add it to platform list.

I doubt maybe I omit something while setup, but I cannot find out the problems anyway. I used the setup-package from the CDs with Massa's book. Please tell me how to solve this problem.

Another problem is about the the communication between GDB and Redboot. We use PC-i386 as a test machine. But both me and another guy find it impossible to use insight GUI communicating with Redboot under Windows XP. GDB and Hyperterminal is working well. And I also found it impossible to communicate with Redboot (both GDB and insight GUI) under the Linux enviroment.

I really appreciate it if anyone gives me any suggestion

Regards,
Yi Tang