Re: There is a way to change a 'fconfig' redboot value from a linux program

On Tue, 2006-04-18 at 18:02 +0200, thierry langlais wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> The purpose is to change the redboot's "boot script" value from a linux
> program.
>
> Does someone know if it could be done ?
>
> More details:
> from redboot fconfig command, it is possible to set the boot script
> value. This value is written in the RedBoot config partition. Currently,
> this boot script launches a linux embedded distribution. Is there a way
> to access to get and set fconfig api from a linux program ?

Sorry, you're on your own here.

Once Linux is running, RedBoot is out of the picture (i.e. no longer
usable), so you'd need to duplicate the functionality that's used by
RedBoot to handle the 'fconfig' data.  All of the details of what this
entails can be found by reading
  .../ecos/packages/redboot/current/src/fconfig.c

In Linux, you could use MTD to access the 'fconfig' data.

n.b. I've thought about writing these functions (for years), but
haven't found the time.