Re: USB MSD stack

Hi Patrick,

Hi troops!
I'm about to write a very simple MSD (Mass Storage Device) stack for our
eCos application. From what I've seen so far (based on about 15 minutes of
investigation), it would appear that MSD is fairly simple -- use bulk
transfers to exchange command and data packets between the host and the
device. Of course, as they say, the devil will be in the details (and some
of those details will include debugging my device driver).

So, being one of the laziest programmers on the face of the earth, I figured
I would ask if anybody else has done this already. Any takers?

And as long as I've got your attention, how about HID? Any samples?

I don't know if somebody does this already for eCos, but if you like to make such a driver, I suggest looking at the PS2 USB stack. It's fairly simple, has an easy interface, there's also a mass storage driver available and it doesn't use GPL. Check out www.ps2dev.org.

Bye...