CYGNUM_HAL_RTC_PERIOD help

Dear all,

I am a newbie to embedded world and eCos as well. I am trying to bring up
eCos on Motorola PQ2FADS board. In this journey I have encountered the
Macros CYGNUM_HAL_RTC_PERIOD which depends on CYGNUM_HAL_RTC_NUMERATOR and
CYGNUM_HAL_RTC_DENOMINATOR. I have observed that the proper definition of
these values is required without which the time is calculated incorrectly.

I tried to experiment with these values to find out the correct one but
trial and error did not help. I concluded that I won't be successful without
understanding the underlying concept behind this.

I have read the following documentation
http://ecos.sourceware.org/docs-latest/ref/hal-clocks-and-timers.html

but still did not understand how to find these values. I only understood
that the period specifies clock interrupt intervals.

Can anyone give me a clue/pointer/reference to further documentation to
proceed further to find out correct CYGNUM_HAL_RTC_NUMERATOR and
CYGNUM_HAL_RTC_DENOMINATOR values?

Thanks a lot in advance.
Ram