Re: Hard-Realtime behaviour

Continuing on the discussion, doesn't pipelining on modern processors add to our woes. Because then we cannot really determine if a particular instruction is going to 'x' cycles or 'y' cycles.

eCos does support disabling instruction and data caches, but is there any way that I can disable pipelines in a microprocessor. For example i386ex.

@Andrew : As we have seen most of what is necessary for hard realtime behaviour of eCos already is implemented. Can you help me in figuring out what is it that is missing that makes eCos soft real-time.