Re: powerPC Template

On Wed, 2006-06-07 at 12:51 -0400, Steve West wrote:
> I would like to build ecos for the ppc 405. I see under packages a hal for
> the ppc 4xx. There is no template for this. The only template I see is a ppc
> simulator. How should I go about composing eCos?

eCos is configured for targets, not CPUs.  Thus, you'll need
a PPC405 target (the only one currently is the moab).  If this
is not your target hardware, you'll need to port eCos for your
target (typically by cloning an extant target configuration).

To build eCos for the moab (PowerPC 406GPr):
  % ecosconfig new moab
  % ecosconfig tree

For more details on how to port eCos, check the documentation:
  http://ecos.sourceware.org/docs-latest/ref/hal-porting-guide.html