Re: processor hangs at 'hal_mon_init'

Most BDMs exploit the MPC555 hardware to step instruction by instruction, so I doubt that could be the cause of your problem. It is more likely that something is wrong with your configuration. Which startup type do you use (ROM or RAM), is CYGSEM_HAL_USE_ROM_MONITOR defined ? Do you have any idea where exactly in hal_mon_init things go wrong ? What's the contents of the different processor registers right before it locks up ? Does it actually lock up, or is a processor exception raised (e.g. illegal instruction or memory protection) that does not bring the processor back into BDM mode ?

Bob