Memory mapping routines in ecos

Hi,

I am writing a ecos device driver for a PCI chipset on an i386 target.
I want to know what are the appropriate HAL function calls to achieve
the following ?

1. Allocate uncached memory address reagion for DMA
2. Convert PCI bus specific address to cpu address and vice versa.
3. Physical to Virtual - Virtual to Physical address

I have already found the following MACROs defined in hal_arch.h that may have been defined for this purpose. But these MACROs do nothing.

// Memory access macros

#define CYGARC_CACHED_ADDRESS(x)                       (x)
#define CYGARC_UNCACHED_ADDRESS(x)                     (x)
#define CYGARC_PHYSICAL_ADDRESS(x)                     (x)
#define CYGARC_VIRTUAL_ADDRESS(x)                      (x)

Any suggestions ?
Also, can anyone please explain what Logical, Physical and Virtual
address mean in ecos?

Regards
Surendra