Including TCP/IP stack in an eCos application.

Hi,

I have made awesome progress with eCos/RedBoot since I started a month
and a half ago.  Thanks to the outstanding eCos/RedBoot community
here.  However, I haven't made it to the final stop of this journey
yet...

Here is my next topic of discussion.

I would like to include a light weight IP stack for use by an eCos
application.  The natural choice appears to be LWIP.  Correct me if I
am wrong.  (I did a simple build with the available templates and came
up with a rough estimate of binary size below).

I have a few questions for the LWIP/IP stack/eCos expert:

1.  Will I be able to confirm the working of LWIP by simply including
the LWIP stack and start a ping test?
2.  I will also be using the PPP to communicate to an eCos application
via the serial port. Are there any caveats I should watch out for?
(Note that I only have one serial port, so somehow I have to manage
the debug information and communication on the same port.  One option
is to disable the debug output.)

Thanks so much,
David

---
*  bare eCos:
$ arm-elf-size twothreads
 45992     800   25784   72576   11b80 twothreads

*  eCos with NET LWIP :
 48956    1504   26372   76832   12c20 twothreads

*  eCos with NET FreeBSD :
213712    3592  322176  539480   83b58 twothreads