Re: Some simple questitions

Don't think so. I am not 100% sure though

>2. Can I have direct access to processor's registers from my user
>application? Linux has "mmap()" function for that purpose.

eCos does not make the distinction between user and kernel space. Since everything runs in the same address space, you can do something like

volatile cyg_uint32 * some_register = 0x12345678;

Or use the HAL_WRITE and HAL_READ macros.

>3. Is it possible to unload RedBoot from RAM when my user application
>is starting (to increase amount of free RAM)?

Why should redboot reside in RAM? Better let redboot live in ROM and load your application in RAM. If you app will never return to redboot, you can use the very little amount of RAM used by redboot in your app. You'll have to set up your memory maps carefully in order to prevent redboot overwriting its own data when loading the application when doing this. However, if your resources are that scarce, maybe leaving redboot out of the picture alltogether and using ROM or ROMRAM startup for your application is a better and also safer approach.

>4. Where can I download the toolchain to compile eCos with cygwin?

The pointers can be found on the eCos website.

Hth,

Bob