How to build a executed-in-flash application?

As I know, normally RedBoot use startup type "ROM", and application use
startup type "RAM", then we can use RedBoot "load" application into ram and
"go" it.

On my target board, this method works pretty well now. But since the ram
size is only 512K, I want the application image executed-in-place in the
flash to save ram for usage.

Could anyone give me some advices for it? Thanks in advance.