Re: Help porting AT91SAM7A2

Meiring, H, Mnr <meiring@sun.ac.za> wrote:
Hi, I am attempting to port ecos to an Atmel AT91SAM7A2 using the the AT91 EB40 templates as base reference(I assume it is the closest target template available).

After changing file names and CDL scripts as described in the platform porting guide, I must change the memory layout etc. They however strongly recommend using the cofig tool to edit this properties. This option according to the ecos manual should be available at View->Toolbars->Memory Layout menu item, but there is no such option and I want to do this right without manually editing the mem files.

I am running UBUNTU Linux (debian based) and installed ecos version 2 and its config tool version 2 from the available debian packages that is available. Is there an easy way to get that menu option visible for me or is recompilation from source the only way? And will that provide me with that menu option?

Ignore the comments - there hasn't been a working memory layout tool for more than 5 years :-( So, simply edit the .ldi and .h files to match your platform.