Re: eCOS evaluation

On Thu, Nov 02, 2006 at 06:54:39AM -0000, larytet.39520237@bloglines.com wrote:
> hi,
> It looks like i convinced the management to evaluate two OSes - one is
> going to be Velosity (this is done deal) and the other or eCOS or Integrity.
>
> A couple of days ago I contacted ecoscentric and asked them to send me a
> contact in Israel - any person/company which uses eCOS in commercial product,
> preferably MIPS based ASIC. Apparently management in my company would love
> to talk with anybody who uses the OS. It is hard sometimes to explain how
> OSS works and why and how OS can be free and still of reasonable quality.
> Ecoscentric struggles to help me.

What? You mean we've declined to breach confidentiality, ethics and
fundamental data-protection laws in sending out our clients' details?

In the context of a confidential email exchange, we have offered to
arrange an eCosCentric customer referral in Israel, subject to
reasonable commercial qualification - you may want to check with your
telephone receptionist to make sure that the follow-up calls left are
being relayed.

> Any Israelis on this mail list willing to
> send e-mail like:
> "I work in $company, Israel, $city. eCOS works just fine
> for us"
> please send e-mail to "borisk at broadlight dot com" or just reply
> to this e-mail
> I greatly appreciate your time and help

eCosCentric also has a great portfolio of some of the successful
products based on eCos that we highlight on our website at:-

  <http://www.ecoscentric.com/ecos/examples.shtml>

The examples are drawn from clients & users that are keen to publicise
their achievements, as well as ongoing research that we perform and even
leads from engineers "tipping us off" about eCos copyrights/code found
during dis-assembly of products! Somewhere this year eCos has its tenth
birthday (with the formation of the team in Cambridge starting the
design). It is fascinating to see the diverse range of devices that eCos
is used in and thinking where code/APIs/drivers/features/bugfixes/docs
have ended up is certainly part of the excitement of contributing to the
community.

Right at the foot of the Product Showcase page is a subtle email link
to where new product examples can be posted - a graphic is helpful too
(info@ecoscentric.com Subject: New product example based on eCos). Some
application segments are a little more shy - security & military
customers in particular...!

 Daniel

--
  Daniel Morris - Sales & Marketing Director