static initialization order - looks backwards to me??

The order in which the static constructors are called (as defined in cyg_type.h) looks right to me:

#define CYG_INIT_HAL                    10000
#define CYG_INIT_SCHEDULER              11000
#define CYG_INIT_INTERRUPTS             12000
#define CYG_INIT_DRIVERS                13000
#define CYG_INIT_CLOCK                  14000
#define CYG_INIT_IDLE_THREAD            15000
etc.

The list is populated in the linker script with SORT. Fine. But the code that calls them (for the platforms I looked at) goes thru the list in reverse order.

So, in my code, the idle thread gets initialized before the scheduler. This means that set_idle_thread sets the idle thread in the scheduler, but then this gets lost when the scheduler initializes. This must be wrong.

I am using a different compiler (Code Sorcery) and had to compensate accordingly, so my problem probably starts there, but I don't understand what I am doing wrong. It looks like things are being initialized in the reverse order on purpose. I tried simply reversing the order in which things were called, but that caused other problems.

Thanks,
Tom.