Re: Re: FreeBSD still lacking bridge support?

> Did you ever run into any performance problems on busy
> networks?  I guess these days when everything is 10[0]baseT
> plugged into switches the concept of a "busy network" is rather
> moot from a device's point of view.

Well, my second interface was not an Ethernet interface. It was a
powerline interface and could only do about 4MBit/s. The 200MHz
StrongARM had no problem bridging 4MBit/s, so long as the packets were
not too small. I think 64Byte packets it could not do at line speed,
but above 128byte packets it was fine. Typical traffic patterns is for
two peeks in packet sizes, with most being full size frames and the
test being small frames, TCP ACKs. So in practice this mix means the
device has not overloaded.

       Andrew