Re: Limit region of flash used by RedBoot for FIS?

On 2006-11-07, Grant Edwards <grante@visi.com> wrote:

> So I'll probably just add CYGNUM_REDBOOT_FLASH_RESERVED_TOP
> and leave the FIS directory position specified (in blocks) by
> CYGNUM_REDBOOT_FIS_DIRECTORY_BLOCK but make it relative to
> (flash_end-CYGNUM_REDBOOT_FLASH_RESERVED_TOP).

I've got CYGNUM_REDBOOT_FLASH_RESERVED_TOP added and working,
but as I noted in another thread, my version of RedBoot is
out-of-date enough that I can't generate/test a patch against
the current version.

At some point, I'm going to have to sync up with the current
version, so getting patches into the current version would make
life easier.

In order to generate and test patches for submission, I need a
platform on which I can easily run the current snapshot.  The
platform should have a supported Ethernet interface, flash, and
a couple serial ports.

An ARM7TDMI platform would be ideal, since I've a JTAG
interface and tools for that architecture.  The only thing I
have that might work is a very old Samsung SNDS-100 board, but
it's been obsolete for years, and I doubt a current snapshot
would "just work".

What should I look at for a well supported "generic" test
platform for eCos?

--
Grant Edwards
grante@visi.com