RE: Managing eCos modifications

> From: Andrew Dyer [mailto:amdyer@gmail.com]
>
> What I did (when I was keeping up with ecos diligently) is check out
> copies of the ecos tree to a local directory, then check them in to
> our local CVS server as a 'vendor branch' with a tag specifying the
> checkout date.  our local CVS would then keep track of our local
> changes and help with merging.

http://cvsbook.red-bean.com/cvsbook.html#Tracking%20Third-Party%20Sources%20
(Vendor%20Branches)

> explains it.

Thanks. Looks like I need to learn a lot more about CVS. Since I'm only
using it as a way to get eCos, not maintain my own personal source files, I
had hoped I wouldn't have to, but I suppose it's a useful thing to know
anyway.

--

Ciao,               Paul D. DeRocco