Re: Multiple Inheritance used in eCos class Cyg_Thread

This is in no way intended to be an edict.

However, there are environments where object oriented software using
multiple inheritance is discouraged.  Using multiple inheritance in such
environments can lead to costly testing to prove that the multiple
inheritance scenario is functioning exactly as it should without error.

One environment is embedded systems for the aviation industry.  In the
United States, the Federal Aviation Administration has set out
guidelines for software development, DO-178B.  The FAA has come out with
additional guidelines for object oriented software nixing the use of
multiple inheritance in safety critical system software.

Being aware of this issue, the company I work for does have, as part of
the software design document, the prohibition of the use of multiple
inheritance in any embedded system.

Have a great day,
Don Walton