Re: Multi-cast mode warning

I am sure, "[eth_drv_ioctl] Warning: Driver can't set multi-cast mode" doesn't interfere normal IPv4 opreations. Maybe there are some hardware problem, or you need double check the register operations.

I got this waring on my target using dp83902a driver, and it doesn't matter.
However I have added the multicast support, and will contribute it after full test.

From: rholmberg <randy.holmberg@liposonix.com>
To: ecos-discuss@ecos.sourceware.org
Subject: Re: [ECOS] Multi-cast mode warning
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 07:40:30 -0800 (PST)

Tim,
Can you please tell me if you were able to get the DP83848 to function
properly with the AT91RM9200? I have an application that is planning to
use
the same DP83848CW Ethernety PHY with the AT91RM9200 - it would be very
reassurring to know that someone has successfully implemented these items.

Best Regards,

Randy Holmberg

Tim Hatton wrote:

> Hello,
> I am currently in the process of try to get eCos (2.0.43) running on
our
> own hardware which uses an ATMEL AT91RM9200 CPU (bulit in MAC) and a
> DP83848 PHY. I have used the eCos build from the AT91RM9200-EK and the
> exisiting DP83847 driver (changing it to support the similar DP83848)
as a
> base and I have got to the stage where the ethernet link is
established. I
> am however getting the following warning message when initialising the
> network:
>
> [eth_drv_ioctl] Warning: Driver can't set multi-cast mode
>
> Now, if everything worked I wouldn't be worried about this, but I don't
> seem to be getting any IP packets out of the hardware (eCos is trying
> send DHCP discovery messages but they aren't coming out to the
ethernet).
> I suspect this may be a hardware issue but, I would like some confirm
that
> the warning above is or isn't anything I need to look into.
>
> My understanding of multi-cast mode is that I shouldn't need it or care
> but if anyone could confirm or deny this I'd be very grateful.
> Best regards,
> Tim Hatton
> Coherent Research Ltd
> UK