AW: AW: Installing eCos in Windows

> Thanks for your suggestion . Now I have installed ecos in Windows XP.
> We build ecos kernel in linux by executing commands :
> 1.ecosconfig new <template>
> 2.ecosconfig tree
> 3.make
> How can I perform these steps in windows XP.

Hi Imran,

I assume that you have installed eCos in default directory.

1. Open cygwin
2. Execute the command ". /opt/ecos/ecosenv.sh"
3. ecosconfig new <template>
4. ecosconfig tree
5. make

As you already have experience with linux, it shouldn't be a problem with
windows, because cygwin is unix/linux emulation for windows.

Almost all the commands which you give linux hold true in cygwin too, just
make sure that ". /opt/ecos/ecosenv.sh" is executed before giving any
command in cygwin.

Regards,
Ram Sudhir Tadavarthi