typo in i2c example in reference manual?

I tried to follow the example in the reference manual shown below:

   Instantiating a bit-banged I2C bus requires the following:

      #include <cyg/io/i2c.h>

      static cyg_bool
      hal_alaia_i2c_bitbang(cyg_i2c_bus* bus, cyg_i2c_bitbang_op op)
      {
          cyg_bool result    = 0;
          switch(op) {
          }
          return result;
      }

      CYG_I2C_BITBANG_BUS(&hal_alaia_i2c_bus, &hal_alaia_i2c_bitbang);

   This gives a structure hal_alaia_i2c_bus which can be used when defining the
   cyg_i2c_device structures.

I get a syntax error unless I remove the "&" before
hal_alaia_i2c_bus.  If this macro is declaring and allocating
(is that what "gives" means in this context?) a structure named
"hal_alaia_i2c_bus", the "&" doesn't really make sense.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  Hold the MAYO & pass
                                  at               the COSMIC AWARENESS...