Re: eCos on Windows without Cygwin

I think I agree with some of the others that Cygwin, while a poor example of a development environment for the Windows environment, its not "required" per say. There are a number of virtualization technologies that would let you run Linux side by side, and since in most shops you can't throw a databook without hitting a turned of PC under some IT administrators desk its pretty easy to through Debian or SuSE or your favorite distro on it and use Samba to export the resulting images back to your windows box.

So no, I don't agree with your premise that the sucky windows environment is hurting eCOS. It would be interesting to have someone adapt eCos to an Eclipse environment, especially configtool, that would rock.

--Chuck