Re: eCos on Windows without Cygwin

On 3/2/07, Ilija Koco <ilijak@siva.com.mk> wrote:
You could use Cygwin X <http://x.cygwin.com/> as an X terminal to your
Linux machine and get eCos and FPGA together at your desktop.
I used to use Cygwin X for a long time, because I had some dev tools
that ran only on Windows. I haven't tried it with eCos configtool, but
all apps I have tried (Insight, Kdbg, Firefox, etc.) ran without problems.

The problem with Cygwin is that it is a lot of hassle. Having a virtual linux box is also a lot of hassle... If coLinux was sharpned quite a few notches(in terms of beating the crap out of Cygwin w.r.t. installation), it might be a viable option.

Of course, still best hit is to convince FPGA vendors to start porting
their tools to Linux.

A rather quixotic undertaking! :-)

--
Øyvind Harboe