Problems with FAT and IDE

Hi,

i am trying to set up an eCos with an internal IDE harddisk (40GB) on a standard x86-PC-target. When running the fatfs1 test case, the details of the harddisk are shown, but the mounting fails with a return code of -1 (unknown error). I tried many configurations like using FAT16 instead of FAT32, but nothing worked. The MBR of the harddisk includes the grub boot loader, through which i start my applications. I also tried to run the test case via GDB (RedBoot) but this case doesn't work too. I wpuld be very thankful if somebody can tell me how to get my config working.

Please help me. I spent a lot of time on this problem.

Best regards
Maurice