Re: eCos C++ API

On Tue, Mar 20, 2007 at 05:45:24PM -0700, Paul D. DeRocco wrote:
> Are the C++ objects on which eCos is based supposed to be invisible to the
> programmer, so that the designers of eCos can change them at will?

Correct. The only documented and stable API is the C API in
kapi.h. There is nothing to stop you using the C++ objects directly,
but the C++ objects have changed in the past, but not often, eg when
POSIX threads were added. We reserve the right to change the C++
objects. There is no documentation for the C++ objects except the code
itself. Only a few people know the C++ objects, so you will get little
support when you start asking questions.

        Andrew