Re: BOOTP with BSD Stack

Jay Foster wrote:
For now, I'm using the following in my application's configuration:

cdl_option CYGPKG_NET_FREEBSD_STACK_CFLAGS_ADD {
    user_value "-D_KERNEL -DBOOTP_COMPAT"
}

Which accomplishes configury via CDL.

Not really - there's no configury here, it would always be enabled. This is no different than the current situation, only always on instead of always off. The user still has no way to affect the choice.

If you think something less obscure is needed, I could submit a simple patch.

That's what I was after - something that actually gives the user a chance to change.

-----Original Message----- From: Gary Thomas [mailto:gary@mlbassoc.com] Sent: Tuesday, March 20, 2007 6:20 PM To: Jay Foster Cc: 'ecos-discuss@ecos.sourceware.org' Subject: Re: [ECOS] BOOTP with BSD Stack

Jay Foster wrote:
I have been having problems getting BOOTP to work using the BSD IP stack.
After perusing the code source, I discovered that there is a conditional
compile statement (BOOTP_COMPAT) that prevents BOOTP from working.  If I
define BOOTP_COMPAT, then BOOTP works.

Why is the conditional compile there, and why is there no CDL to enable
it?

IIRC, the stack came that way. (in other words, I didn't
add this conditional when porting the stack)

How about proposing a patch that *does* create some CDL to
manage this choice?