console Implementation

Hi All
I am using eCos 2.0 in one of my project.
I want to divert all the debug messages to some other interface other
than standard serial console.
I have decided to use USB interface to get all the log messages.
So i already wrote driver for USB.
The Philips ISP1161x is the chip used for this.
The USB device is of serial class.
It works fine...
Now i want to divert all debug messages to this USB serial port.
I am not getting how i shud go abt it.
I am not sure how serial console is implemented...
can you provide some pointers regarding this.....this will be of great
help to me ...

Best Regards
Anup M