Does ethernet driver "deliver" method need to be re-entrant?

I'm having intermittent problems with an Ethernet driver.  One
possible explanation would be if the driver's "deliver" method
was being called "simultaneously" from two different contexts.

Can this happen, or are calls to deliver guaranteed to be
serialized?

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  I want to dress you
                                  at               up as TALLULAH BANKHEAD and