Re: Building Redboot to new target

Redboot Ecos wrote:
Hi,

I am new to eCos and Redboot. I am planning to port Redboot to my
target (tgt), which is similar to mbx target supported in the released
ecos 2.0 package.
I have some confusion about the files that needs to be changed.

I am planning to do the following changes for running the Redboot from RAM:

1. Include my target in the ecos.db file, with selected packages required.
2. Create a directory under the hal similar to mbx target and copy all
the files  under mbx to my target directory.
3. Now I execute
   ecosconfig --srcdir=/ecos/packages/ new tgt redboot
   I get a redboot.ecc.
   Should I edit the options in the redboot.ecc or in the
redboot_ram.ecm or in the respective .cdl file to configure the code
to my specific target?
4. Then I change my linker script to my specific target and build
redboot to get the binary.

Incase something is wrong or missing, please let me know the same.

First, *PLEASE* don't start from 2.0 - it's nearly 5 years old and very out of date. Use CVS instead.

Secondly, read the porting guide, part of the standard documentation.
It has lots of good information about how to create new targets and
packages.

Finally, any changes you make for your port go in .CDL files.  The
.ECC files are ethereal (not part of the source tree and are recreated
*every* time you run 'ecosconfig')