Re: I2C driver DSR locking

Daniel Helgason <danielh@telus.net> writes:

> Do you (or anyone reading this list) know if this is true for any case
> where a thread blocks after taking the scheduler lock? Or is this just
> special for cyg_drv_cond_wait() function?

It is a general feature of all thread suspension. Each thread's
scheduler lock level is essentially part of its state and is saved and
restored across all thread switches. Historically this was not always
the case, and cond_wait had special code to support this kind of
use. But it was considered so useful that I made it a generic feature
several years ago.

--
Nick Garnett                                     eCos Kernel Architect
eCosCentric Limited     http://www.eCosCentric.com/   The eCos experts