Re: Re: Trash when running RAM image

Hi Adam and all

On 5/2/07, Adam Yergovich <ayergo@jkmicro.com> wrote:
Hi Alysson,

alysson brito wrote:

> Thanks Gary!
>
> I really should have payed more attention.
>
> Actually, the result was [almost] the same though :(
>
> RedBoot> load -m xm redboot_RAM.srec
> CCEntry point: 0x00020040, address range: 0x00020000-0x00046d5c
> xyzModem - CRC mode, 3574(SOH)/0(STX)/0(CAN) packets, 5 retries
> RedBoot> go
> $T050f:54000200;0d:ec0ffd03;#e3
>
> I have also tryed to up load the .bin image (using the -r) but it did
> not work out either:
>
> RedBoot> load -r -m xm -b 0x00020040 redboot_RAM.bin
> CCRaw file loaded 0x00020040-0x00046d9b, assumed entry at 0x00020040
> xyzModem - CRC mode, 1243(SOH)/0(STX)/0(CAN) packets, 2 retries
> RedBoot> go
> $T0a0f:0002014c;0d:ec0ffd03;#3e
>
> I guess i am almost out of options ... Any other idea of what is still
> wrong ?

In my experience, that is the kind of output you get when you try to
execute something that is not executable or is not properly setup (i.e.
turning on the MMU before executing a kernel).

Perhaps I have just never done it, but I don't thinnk one usually
executes a ramdisk.  I might suggest you take your known good ramdisk in
rom and try to load it the same way to see what happens.

-Adam

-- Adam Yergovich Engineer JK Microsystems

1403 Fifth St. Suite D
Davis, CA 95616

Tel:(530) 297-6073

Thanks for the reply! Actually I am trying to run an RAM image of redboot, not a ramdisk, I might have written something wrong, sorry.

The problem still persists, I have seen that Gary  wrote today on "Re:
[ECOS] standalone Redboot configuration" that some ARM have to get
some massage to runging RAM images, I do not know whether this is a
case, since xscale is arm based.

If some one can help me out really I'd really apreciated some more tips.

-- Alysson