System hangs after context switch

Hi all,

I am working on  a mpc860 hardware derived from the viper board and I use a debugger to
step through the code. I have flashed a redboot image on the board. Then I loaded a simple
application via SMC1 into  the RAM.
Now, when I try to start the application with the ?go? command, the system hangs.
The problem occurs in the function hal_thread_load_context() during the processing of the
macro hal_cpu_int_merge.  The external and decrementer interrupt bit in the MSR Reg. will
be enabled here. After the external interrupt is enabled and I perform a single step with the
debugger the system starts running and I am not able to stop or break. All interrupts except
the SMC1 are masked at this point.
If the EE-bit in the MSR Reg. is not enabled here, the example application starts und runs.
Unfortunately, as long as the EE-bit is not set, cyg_thread_delay() ,,,, doesn't  work. Can
anyone help to solve this problem.

Thanks and Regards
                               Georg Brutscheid