Re: Build fails after CVS update

Gary Thomas wrote:
Rutger Hofman wrote:
Hi list,

I updated to the most recent version of the CVS list; the previous
checkout was from last february, not too long ago; but I ran into some
problems:

= the Legacy Flash stuff has disappeared, but I use it (I think I might
be the only user, but still!). I can add it back of course.
= more seriously: after some conflict resolution, I can instruct
ecosconfig to create a tree, which it does without reporting any errors.
But it doesn't create a pkgconf/hal.h. It does create/copy a number of
include files from my ARM configuration, like hal_arm.h

What command did you use to checkout/update? Did you do this in a clean directory (checkout)?

Well, my .ecc file turns out to be inconsistent, because it used some flash dependencies which are gone -- the flash thingy was the problem anyway. I cut them away, and now I can generate a tree.

The next problem is now with the flash stuff. The "Legacy API" flash code is dependent on older versions of the flash code, so it won't compile.

What is the best way to tackle this? What is the quickest way to tackle this? I don't want to port our vendor's flash implementation to the newer flash implementation. Is there a way that I can easily restore the legacy API stuff?

Rutger